Frequently Asked Questions
How much will my vivids cost?
All of my color services are $100/hr plus the cost of product. Product can also range anywhere from $15-90 depending on the type of color we are doing. I will work with you to determine what type of placement, color, and maintenance will work best with your budget and lifestyle!
How often will I have to come in for maintenance?
That is completely up to you! Pulp Riot fades really nicely so a lot of my clients don’t feel the need to come in to refresh their color constantly and embrace the fade! But I suggest coming in every 4-6 weeks for root-end color. For lived-in vivids, 8-12 weeks for a vivid refresh only, and bring up the highlights 2-3 times a year.
Are vivid colors damaging?
Your hair’s integrity is always my #1 priority. I will never lighten or put any harsh chemicals on a client’s hair that is compromised. I also use bond builder in all of my lightening services to prevent damage. Vivid colors are a direct dye with a conditioning base, so they a lot more gentle on your hair than normal hair color. So even after lightening, the vivids act like a conditioning service leaving the hair moisturized and shiny!
Will my color fade really fast?
Your vivids will fade a little with every shampoo but you won't really notice for a few weeks. Typically bright, vibrant colors will usually last longer, about 2-4 months. Lighter, pastel shades will last about 2-4 weeks. But honestly the longevity of your color is completely dependent on your at-home maintenance.
How do I take care of my color at home?
1. I recommend washing your hair 1-2 times a week, with COLD water. It’s worth it, I promise. Use a shower cap on the days you’re not washing to avoid getting your hair wet. Let dry shampoo be your friend. My favs are Amika Perk Up or Pulp Riot Berlin.
2. Amika The Vault and Pulp Riot Tokyo and Bangkok are my go-to shampoos and conditioners to maintain your color. You can purchase them in the salon, or you can order Amika through my affiliate link, here.
3. Heat is another color killer, so be sure to always use a professional heat protectant when blowdrying, flat ironing, or curling your hair. My favorites are Blockade or The Wizard by Amika, or Tripoli by Pulp Riot.
4. Never turn your hot tools higher than 320 degrees. For clients who prefer to go longer between appointments, I can also make you a custom color conditioner that you can use to refresh your color at home.
- Lived-In and Low Maintenance with a Vivid overlay.
- Includes lived-in Blonding service, bond builder, custom vivid color, moisture mask, and haircut
- Maintenance for lived-in color: vivid refresh 8-10 weeks (1.5-2 hours $150-$200) and lightening session 2-3 times a year
- 3.5-4.5 hours
- Transformative color for guests new to vivids or who have not been serviced in a while
- Includes custom lightening service, bond builder, custom vivid color, moisture mask, and haircut
- Maintenance for root to end color: 4-6 weeks (3-4 hours, $300-400)
- 5.5-6.5 hours